This qualification will prepare you for junior and entry level accounting roles. It delivers a solid foundation in finance administration – covering areas such as double entry bookkeeping to basic costing principles and using accounting software.
You will learn finance, accountancy, business and communications skills. For full details of what you’ll learn read the qualification specification.
Most students will start with this qualification. Find out if you should start here by taking the AAT Skillcheck test.
Duration: This qualification will usually take around one year to complete, but this will depend on study method and course timetable. It may be possible to complete this qualification in as little as six months.
Training provider fees
Paid to training provider. These fees vary widely depending on:
- Classroom-based or distance learning
- Amount of study materials and support provided
AAT assessment fees
£46–£49 per assessment
Paid to your training provider or AAT Approved assessment venue. Additional administration fees may be charged by your training provider or assessment venue. Check whether these are included in your overall training provider fees.
AAT registration fees
£147 for UK students (£137 for international students)
Paid to AAT. The fees cover:
- AAT admission fee
- AAT annual membership fee
You will learn how to:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Work Effectively in Finance
- Foundation Certificate Synoptic Assessment(The synoptic assessment will ask students to apply knowledge and skills gained across the qualification in an integrated way, within a workplace context. Scenarios will change over time to ensure the validity of the assessment)
You will also study:
- work alongside experienced staff
- gain skills specific to the industry
- have the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification
- earn a salary while you learn.
Qualification: Once you have successfully completed the course, you will receive:
Qualification Title: AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting – Level 2
Qualification Number: 601/6552/2
What can you do with this qualification:
AAT Qualifications are recognised by employers as practical and technical qualifications that prepare students for the world of work and for working specifically in accountancy and finance roles. Find out more about where AAT can take you in your career.
The Foundation Certificate in Accounting can lead to employment as:
- Accounts administrator
- Accounts assistant
- Accounts payable clerk
- Purchase/sales ledger clerk
- Trainee accounting technician
- Trainee finance assistant
Registration for this Course:
To register for this course or enquire about potential funding opportunities please call 01793 236245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you read and understand our Terms and Conditions – https://greenlabyrinth.co.uk/about-us/terms-and-conditions/