This online, E-Learning Infection control advanced course is aimed at understanding and Identifying legislation, national and local guidelines and policy and procedures that affect infection prevention and control.
The course will help identify actions required in cases of outbreak of infection including isolation of residence and mandatory reporting of healthcare associated infections to Health Protection Agency (HPA)
Our online Infection Control Advanced Awareness training is CPD Accredited!
- Course usually takes upto an hour to complete followed by an assessment by way of multiple choice.
- Learning is self-paced without time restrictions.
- If the assessment is failed it can be retaken after 2 hours.
- Access to the course is for 12 months.
- An email will be sent to you with a reminder after 11 months.
- Identify legislation, national and local guidelines, policy and procedures affect infection prevention and control
- Understand standard infection prevention and control precautions
- Demonstrate the methods of aseptic technique including hand washing and alcohol hand gel procedures
- Describe the importance of safe handling of disposal of waste, COSHH requirements, handling of uniforms, dress codes, linen and laundry
- Identify actions required in cases of outbreak of infection including isolation of residence and mandatory reporting of healthcare associated infections to Health Protection Agency (HPA)
- Describe how policies are put into place for safe handling and disposal of sharps, sharps injury procedures and occupational health procedures
- Manage infection prevention risks, through observation, cleaning procedures and touch-point awareness
- Demonstrate awareness of control of outbreaks & infections associated with specific alerts such as tuberculosis, e-coli, flu pandemics etc
*Linked to Health and Social Care Act 2008 and fundamental standards 12
All courses are CPD accredited and a digital certificate will be available for download from the portal upon successful completion of the knowledge test.
Registration for this Course:
Once the course has been purchased you will receive login details via email. This will be within 2 hours of purchase between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
To speak with a member of staff please call 01793 236245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you read and understand our Terms and Conditions – https://greenlabyrinth.co.uk/about-us/terms-and-conditions/