This online, E-Learning Allergen Awareness course is designed to give the necessary knowledge of allergies and intolerances for food handlers. This knowledge is used to reduce contamination and keep customers safe from any allergens they are allergic to.
The course covers various food allergen laws as well as all of the major allergens which you should be aware of. Contamination control is explored to ensure that you can minimise the risk of emergency situations.
Our Online Food Safety Training is CPD Accredited!
- Course usually takes upto an hour to complete followed by an assessment by way of multiple choice.
- Learning is self-paced without time restrictions.
- If the assessment is failed it can be retaken after 2 hours.
- Access to the course is for 12 months.
- An email will be sent to you with a reminder after 11 months.
- Examining the 14 allergens (and products which contain them)
- Food labelling standards
- The laws and legislation regarding allergen awareness
- Important definitions in relation to where food is sold and packaged
- Food allergies and allergic reactions
- Symptoms of allergic reactions
- Difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance
- Understanding food allergen awareness in catering
- The impact of legislation on staff
- Identify the responsibilities of the operator and the consumer
All courses are CPD accredited and a digital certificate will be available for download from the portal upon successful completion of the knowledge test.
Registration for this Course:
Once the course has been purchased you will receive login details via email. This will be within 2 hours of purchase between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
To speak with a member of staff please call 01793 236245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you read and understand our Terms and Conditions – https://greenlabyrinth.co.uk/about-us/terms-and-conditions/