Team Leading – Having effective first line managers in your organisation has never been more important than in todays workplace, with team leaders often being responsible for a vast range of business-critical practices, from front line people management, process efficiencies and operational risks. Knowing that they are able to step up and perform effectively can make or break an organisations ability to thrive in an already difficult landscape.
The management development courses that we offer can be tailored to suit the needs of your organisation, and all of them use blended learning to suit a variety of learning needs and minimise time out of the workplace. A wide range of topics can be included, and the course can also be offered as a qualification if desired.
Delivered by experienced industry professionals, this course is practical, stretching, and entirely focused on building the business-critical skills and confidence that your current and aspiring first line managers / team leaders need.
As a result of attending this fast track ILM course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify what a good team leader looks like and what they need to manage their team well.
- Effectively plan, prioritise and allocate work within a team, and use effective management techniques to monitor it.
- Explain how to develop themselves as an effective leader, and their team members, in order to deliver high levels of motivation and resulting performance.
This course can be tailored to suit the exact needs of the organisation, but typically it would involve:
- 2 day workshop for an Award (short course)
- 1:1 tutorial support for every learner.
- The option of undertaking some assessments to achieve a Level 3 ILM Qualification, which also includes 12 months membership to the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) for every learner.
Course Suitable For:
This course is ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training.
- First Line Managers
- Those New to Management
What will I get out of attending this course?
- an insight into the purpose and responsibilities of a manager
- an appreciation of the wide range of leadership styles
- a nationally recognised qualification from ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management)