Team Leading – Having effective first line managers in your organisation has never been more important than in todays workplace, with team leaders often being responsible for a vast range of business-critical practices, from front line people management, process efficiencies and operational risks. Knowing that they are able to step up and perform effectively can make or break an organisations ability to thrive in an already difficult landscape.
The management development courses that we offer can be tailored to suit the needs of your organisation, and all of them use blended learning to suit a variety of learning needs and minimise time out of the workplace. A wide range of topics can be included, and the course can also be offered as a qualification if desired.
Delivered by experienced industry professionals, this course is practical, stretching, and entirely focused on building the business-critical skills and confidence that your current and aspiring first line managers / team leaders need.
As a result of attending this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify what a good team leader looks like and what they need to manage their team well.
- Effectively plan, prioritise and allocate work within a team, and use effective management techniques to monitor it.
- Explain how to develop themselves as an effective leader, and their team members, in order to deliver high levels of motivation and resulting performance.
This course can be tailored to suit the exact needs of the organisation, but typically it would involve:
- 5 days for an Award (short course) or 10 days for a Certificate (more in depth).
- Delivery over 3-6 months, with 2-3 weeks in-between each workshop.
- 1:1 tutorial support for every learner.
- The option of undertaking some assessments to achieve a Level 3 ILM Qualification, which also includes 12 months membership to the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) for every learner.
Many of our courses qualify for either full funding or part funding through AEB, Advanced Learner Loans or for apprenticeships through our Levy and Non Levy provision.
For funding options please enquiry about this course using the button above and speak to one of our team. Please note some qualifications and short CPD courses do not qualify for funding.
Please ensure you read and understand our Terms and Conditions -https://greenlabyrinth.co.uk/about-us/terms-and-conditions/
Award Units – 5 Days
|322||Understand the organisation and its context||· Explain how the organisation is structured, how it works, and who the critical stakeholders are.|
· Identify the major external forces which impact upon an organisation.
· Evaluate the roles and responsibilities in the organisation, and how they contribute to success.
|341||Leading & motivating a team effectively||· Explain how managers can motivate their team to bring about higher levels of engagement and performance.||2||1 day|
|303||Allocating & planning work||· Utilise a range of techniques to efficiently and effectively plan, allocate and monitor work tasks.||2||1 day|
|328||Understanding how to lead effective meetings||· Explain the approaches that can be used to conduct effective meetings, and reduce the amount of time needing to be spent in meetings.||2||1 day|
|338||Understanding how to manage remote workers||· Identify how to adapt management style and tools to manage remote workers, including how to maintain motivation and monitor performance.||2||1 day|
Certificate Units – Duration (including Award units) – 10 Days
|8600-||CERTIFICATE UNITS |
(in addition to Award units)
|219||Managing yourself||· Identify the range of time management techniques that can assist with personal effectiveness.|
· Explain how self-awareness and emotional intelligence can be used to maximise management potential.
|222||Setting team objectives in the workplace||· Utilise a simple but effective tool that ensures that all objectives are SMART.|
· Identify how to monitor and measure the achievement or SMART objectives.
· Deliver effective feedback against SMART objectives.
|201||Improving performance of the work team||· Explain how underperformance can be managed.|
· Apply a range of tools to improve performance issues.
· Identify what options are available if performance continues to not meet the required standards.
|203||Developing the work team||· Explain how teams can be developed and relationships can be strengthened.||1||1 day|
|200||Developing yourself as a team leader||· Apply a range of personal development techniques to continuously develop own capabilities, including a range of personal diagnostics and profiling tools.|