Starting on the 1st April, the national living wage, national minimum wage and national apprentice wage are being raised. After the first year of an apprenticeship, for learners aged 19 or over, Apprentices must be paid the national minimum wage.
The increased National Minimum Wage, effective from 1st April 2020:
- Apprentices: Rise of 6.4% from £3.90 to £4.15
- Under 18s: Rise of 4.6% from £4.35 to £4.55
- 18 to 20-year-olds: Rise of 4.9% from £6.15 to £6.45
- 21 to 24-year-olds: Rise of 6.5% from £7.70 to £8.20
The increased National Living Wage (for over 25-year-olds), effective from 1st April 2020:
- Rise of 6.2% from £8.21 to £8.72