Why take a Leadership and Management course?
Strong leaders are the foundation of any successful business. A manager can make or break a team, enhancing or solidifying your leadership skill is crucial to being the best manager you can be.
Studying an ILM qualification will allow you to:
- Understand yourself as a leader
- Understand leadership styles and the effect they have on people
- Use feedback and self-review to enhance your leadership skills
- Work on your communication skills and ability to align your team with your organisation’s goals and vision
- Learn solid techniques for organising and implementing complex plans and projects
- Build happier and more productive teams
Which Level should I choose?
Level 3 is the right choice if you have some management experience as a team leader or first line manager. It’ll take you from potential management material to respected and efficient leader and help you rise in the ranks.
Level 5 is perfect if you’re a middle manager, such as a project manager or department head. It’ll give you the knowledge and skills you need to take on a senior management role and progress in your career. It’s roughly equivalent to a foundation degree or an HND.
What are Awards and Certificates?
Awards are bite-sized qualifications which will give you in-depth knowledge of a specific, narrow subject area.
Certificates are medium-scope qualifications which cover essential subject areas in detail.
The Institute of Leadership and Management are the UK’s largest management body. They’re an independent charity that forms part of the City and Guilds group, and set the benchmark for quality in leadership and management.
They combine industry-leading qualifications with specialist member services, and their focus is on improving leadership standards in companies of all sizes.