Green Labyrinth's Study Programme and Work Skills OFSTED RATED 'Good' IN MARCH 2016
Green Labyrinth's Study Programme has grown over the past three years to become one of the chosen alternative progression pathways for young people in Swindon.
We are proud to announce that OFSTED rated us as 'Good' in March 2016!
Finding the right pathway into a job after secondary school or college can be a difficult time for some, particularly with the mainstream options are promoted as the traditional next step.
What if you didn't enjoy the traditional classroom environment?
Prehaps you achieve more from practical learning?
Maybe you feel that preparing yourself for the workplace would help you to succeed?
Well there is an alternative option that can help you do that.
Green Labyrinth has developed a successful work skills and study programme which focuses on personal wellbeing, work skills, and English and Maths skills. We provide real life skills and personal support. Typical programme's include:
- Employability and work skills qualifications
- Work experience or project based activities
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
- GCSE English and Maths
- Personal and Social Development
- Confidence and Self-Esteem Building
Students with different previous attainment and abilities can be supported on these programmes. We have a stringent initial assessment process that gives us the tools to make every learner's programme tailor to their needs so that they maximise their potential.
Currently learners include those with learning difficulties, disabilities, and social barriers to learning, who are supported by experienced and qualified tutors. The programme is aimed at learners aged 16-18 and those who are 19 and over with aditional learning needs. To enable learners to achieve their goals we provide peer support and specialist teaching support within the classroom for those with additional needs which enables us to provide 1:1 or small group support.
- Learn how to use a variety of software that will help you get a job. On a Level 1 or Level 2 ITQ course, you will be taught how to prepare documentation and solve business problems using a number of popular software. You will produce a number of different products that will be expected to be prepared at a standard that would be expected in a real job. You will be encouraged to attend a voluntary position to gain work experience as part of your Study Programme.
- There are a number of opportunities in local hotels and cafés for students who want to gain experience in the food and beverage industry. You will be taught how to prepare food in a hygienic environment and to industry standards. You will learn about health and safety and customer service to give you all the expertise that you will need to succeed in the hospitality industry.
- Health and Social Care
- Whether you want to work with young children or in a care home supporting the elderly, this is the course for you. This course will offer you an introduction to the care industry and prepare you to work in this rewarding environment. You will also be given the opportunity to attend work experience with one of the many partners that Green Labyrinth currently works with.
- This is a qualification that prepares you for work in a retail environment. You will gain skills and a QCF accreditation in all aspects of the retail trade and customer service.